Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Handknits by Susan:

Yesterday I bought some lovely yarn by Alpaca with a Twist called Baby Twist to use for Kate's Cardigan. It comes in giant skeins of 549 yards! It's buttery soft, and from the comments I read on Ravelry, it's really nice to work with. The gauge on the label is 5.5 sts = 1″, but the pattern calls for 5 sts = 1″. I haven't made a gauge swatch yet, but I figure I can tweek here and there if I need to, especially since the majority of the sweater is in Stockinette stitch.



Although I'm afraid I may be allergic to this yarn! My eyes were a tad puffy and scratchy after handling it yesterday. I’ll keep the yarn at home a few days before starting the cardigan to see if I truly am allergic to it. Otherwise I may need to exchange it...

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, it looks fun. It would be a shame to be allergic to it! Luckily you didn't wind it into balls yet....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll just bite the bullet and start knitting with this yarn. I'm too impatient! I say it was just something in the air and not the alpaca. (I hope!)

    ReplyDelete